Milk River - Rural General / Family Practitioner Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Milk River 1 view
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently seeking a full time Rural Family Physicianfor the Milk River Health Centre to begin practice in 2021.
The scope of practice would include:
- Inpatient, Outpatient and Acute Care. Call support as per AHS call schedules and expectations including Emergency Room and Hospitalist on call rotation for Rural Medicine practices in the South Zone at Milk River.
-Establish and maintain a full Rural Medicine (Family Practice with Admitting privileges) clinic in the community of Milk River. A full time practice is generally accepted as engagement in clinical duties five (5) days per week minimum 40 hours, and/or providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other full time practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service.
-Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine.
Provide Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
Must be eligible for a College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta license.
Must be eligible to apply to the CPSA for the Provisional Register Conditional Practice as a General Practitioner or be recognized as a specialist in Family Medicine.
Preference will be given to general practice physicians with recent training and/or experience (within 2 years) in Emergency situations and recent rural experience.
Full scope general practice.
Preference will be given to Canadian-trained and/or equivalently trained physicians.
Preference will be given to Canadians and Permanent Residents of Canada.
ACLS / ATLS / NRP Desired.
For more information on obtaining a CPSA license and the eligibility requirements, please visit The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta: [***]
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Rural Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Compensation Type: Fee-for-ServiceAlberta Medical Association (AMA) Incentives* For complete details on the AMA benefits, please contact [***]
- Community Info: The Community of Milk River is not just one town. The service area also includes the County of Warner, Village of Coutts, Village of Warner and six close surrounding Hutterite colonies. - All within a matter of 15-20 minutes of Milk River!We enjoy a safe lifestyle in our community. While we enjoy the peace and serenity of rural living, we are also close to the amenities of the city located in Lethbridge (about 45 min from Milk River). We are renowned for our friendliness and hospitality.The entire geographical area is considered semi-arid, with an average precipitation of 10 inches annually. This means that we generally enjoy mild winters and long, hot summers!It is an agricultural area and many families have lived here for three or four generations. As well, the Town of Milk River has enjoyed a recent immigration of new families seeking affordable housing in a town with several amenities.MILK RIVER is ( [***] ) a small rural town with a town population of 892(2011 Census) and is located 85 km south of the city of Lethbridge and approximately 15 km North of the Montana / United States border.**Thank you for your interest in the position of Rural General / Family Practitioner at the Milk River Health Centre in Milk River. Please apply through DoctorJobs. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted**Nicole AshmanPlanner-Physician [***]
- Posting Date: Apr 4, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.