Locum Infectious Diseases 22-STO-PED-ID-LOC-27 Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 1 view
Alberta Health Services (AHS) Department of Child Health in partnership with The University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, is inviting applicants to apply for the position of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Physician in the Department of Pediatrics to commence August 1, 2022.
The successful candidate will join the Stollery Infectious Diseases physicians providing telephone, inpatient and outpatient consultation, in addition to on-call-coverage. Candidates will also be involved in teaching undergraduate and post graduate trainees as part of regular rotations.
Candidates must have superior interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to teamwork, process building and peer relationships.
Interested applicants should hold an MD or equivalent and be eligible for licensure in Alberta, have a fellowship in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or equivalent in Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
Interested applicants should apply online with their curriculum vitae and a letter of application.
COVID-19 Immunizations: Please provide proof of full immunization against COVID-19 in compliance with AHSs COVID Immunization Policy. Full immunization status is achieved when 14 days have passed after the second dose of a two dose vaccine, or the fist dose of a single dose of a single vaccine.
- Position Classification: Short-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Child Health
- Specialty: Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Compensation will be based on the income scale of a competitive and highly successful academic alternate funding plan.
- Community Info: The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases is affiliated with the Stollery Childrens Hospital and Alberta Health Services. The division has established research programs, an outstanding Royal College approved resident training program and collaborative relationships with other divisions and research groups at the University of Alberta.
- Posting Date: Apr 14, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 28, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.