Intensivist Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Medicine Hat 1 view
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting for a full-time Internal Medicine Intensivist. The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital (MHRH) is an acute care facility, which also includes sub-acute/restorative care beds serving South East Alberta with a catchment population of ~110,000. MHRH has 246 acute care beds, 30 geriatric beds, 10 ICU beds and 7 NICU bassinets. MHRH is an accredited Level 3 Trauma Centre providing coverage in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Cancer services.
Successful candidates must hold or be eligible for independent practitioner registration with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta and hold certification or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
The recruit will:
-Establish and maintain a full time Intensivist / Critical Care practice in the community of Medicine Hat; A full time practice is defined as providing clinical activities at least five (5) day per week, a minimum of forty (40) hours per week and/or commensurate shifts in keeping with other full-time practice FTE's as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service;
-Obtain and maintain AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
-Reside in and have as primary residence, in the community of Medicine Hat;
-Provide Medicine on-call support as per AHSs on-call schedules and expectations applicable to the South Zone Clinical Department of Medicine practices, or as may otherwise be established or directed by an appropriate Medical Leader including ICU coverage - Floor & ER consults, phone advice and provide inpatient consultations within the South Zone of Alberta Health Services at the MHRH;
-Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws and the Rules and the AHS policies;
-Work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Medicine, Medicine Hat Regional Hospital;
-Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within Zone Clinical Department of Medicine at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably;
Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
- The individual must have FRCPC certification with a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- While this position will be primarily responsible for the care of ICU patients, they must:
- be willing to participate in the on call rotation for the Department of Medicine;
- provide Inpatient services primarily in ICU and on a consultative basis on the Wards
- the degree of specialty this position requires is at a higher level than general IM.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Internal Medicine
- Specialty: Critical Care Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Compensation for this position is Fee-for-ServiceOn Call Stipend: Specialist on Call: YesAlberta Medical Association (AMA) Incentives:Several benefits are available to physicians through the AMA. To receive these benefits, physicians must be members of the AMA or pay a non-member administration fee.
- Community Info: Medicine Hat is a community of 65,671 + with a drawing population of 110,000 located in the southeast corner of Alberta, and is an excellent year-round destination for all ages. The city of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work, play, and raise a family. Medicine Hat has the lowest combined tax rate in Canada, the lowest utility rates in Alberta, and an enviable climate. Known as the "Oasis of the Prairies", Medicine Hat is Canada's sunniest city. [***] AlbertaThank you for your interest in a position at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital in Medicine Hat, Alberta; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates are asked to please apply directly through this posting with a letter of intent and curriculum vitae outlining their qualifications, education and experience. Any applications recieved by email alone will be redirected for submission through this site.
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.