Covenant Health, in partnership with Alberta Health Services, is inviting applications for a LOCUM General Obstetrician and Gynecologist at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta.
The successful candidate will have superior interpersonal skills and be a proven team player. The ability to work congenially within a group setting is an absolute prerequisite. Participation in the call group is expected, which currently provides a model of care with two physicians in-house until 6:00 pm, and one physician in-house overnight with a robust second on call system.
The candidate will be expected to participate in the medical education program. The successful applicant will be expected to apply for a Clinical Faculty Appointment in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Alberta, which will be considered under a separate process through the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
The term of the locum is from July 4, 2022 December 31, 2022 or a portion thereof
The successful applicant shall have or be eligible for certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Position Classification: Short-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Women's Health
- Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will be based on a fee-for service model with billing directly to Alberta Health.
- Community Info: Covenant is Canadas largest Catholic provider of health care, with 26 Catholic facilities in 15 communities across Alberta. As a major provider in Albertas integrated health system, the Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) works with Alberta Health Services and community partners to positively influence the health of Albertans through a broad range of programs and services in our hospitals, health centres and continuing care centres.
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 30, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.