General Practitioner with Anesthesia - Camrose Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Camrose 26 views
Alberta Health Services is currently seeking a Family Physician with extra training in Anesthesia to fulfill a 0.75FTE GPA position in Camrose, Alberta. The remaining 0.25FTE is available for ER shifts, walk-in clinic or Family Medicine coverage.
Surgical specialties include: orthopaedics, general surgery, plastic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, maxillofacial surgery, dental surgery and podiatry. There are 2 operating rooms run daily. The candidate will participate in on-call, includingemergency after-hours cases as well as labour and delivery epidurals, inpatient and ER emergency intubations and ER-based procedural sedations.
Cross-coverage and vacation coverage provided for each other in the GPA group.
- A successful candidate will hold either a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or a valid Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Emergency on-call experience that covers trauma, medical, surgical and pediatric emergencies within the previous 12 months
- Training from a Recognized Anesthesia Training Program
- Certificate of the College of Family Physician
- Up-to-date ACLS/Life Support Training
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: May 17, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.