General Practitioner - Lloydminster, AB Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Lloydminster 1 view
We are looking for a physician with training in Family Medicine who will practice in Lloydminster.
This position requires a scope of practice that includes primary care clinic and AHS Long-term care facilities.
Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed.
- All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
- Previous inpatient experience and up-to-date ACLS/Life Support Training within the previous 24 months is essential
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: Lloydminister is a city of approximately 27,000 people located on the Saskatchewan/Alberta border approximately 2 hours east of Edmonton on the twinned highway. It is a agricultural and oil community with many young families. The City has been growing rapidly with many major businesses now coming to the area.The hospital is located on the Saskatchewan side of the city. The medical community consists of 2 internal medicine specialists, 3 surgeons, 3 psychiatrists, a radiologist, 2 ob/gynes,4 anesthetists and 21 general practitioners.The city has to offer; public and Catholic school divisions, a community college with a theatre, a sports complex, an indoor swimming pool and numerous other recreational activities including 18 hole golf course. There is a small airport with service to Calgary and other communities and the international airport in Edmonton. The city's website is [***] Time:To Edmonton: 3.25 hrsTo Calgary: 6.25 hrsTo Red Deer: 4.75 hrsTo Grande Prairie: 8.25 hrsTo Lethbridge: 7.75 hrsTo Medicine Hat: 6.5 hrs
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.