General Practitioner - Drayton Valley Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Drayton Valley 3 views
Alberta Health Services is seekinga physician with training in Family Medicine who will run an office based Family Medicine clinic in Drayton Valley, Alberta.
This position requires a full scope of rural practice that includes inpatient, outpatient, acute, long term care and emergency room coverage.
Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed. A successful candidate will share on call ER duties in equitable manner with other community physicians.
- All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or hold a valid and relevant Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
- Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: May 16, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.