Family Medicine Hospitalist, 20-RAH-FAM-MHH-93c Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 1 view
Alberta Health Services is inviting applications from Family Physicians to join the Royal Alexandra Hospital (RAH) inpatient Psychiatry units in the role of hospitalist/clinical associate. The Department of Addictions and Mental Health at RAH consists of 36 inpatient psychiatry beds spread over two units, including 6 psychiatry ICU beds. The hospitalist would have responsibilities to both of these units and would also be involved in the medical evaluation for electroconvulsive therapy.
The successful candidates will integrate into the multi-disciplinary team with the purpose of assessing and monitoring medical co-morbidities of the psychiatric inpatients. The successful candidate will work Monday and Friday mornings, joining one other physician, who is currently working Wednesday mornings. The responsibilities for successful individuals will include performing Admission History and Physicals on all new inpatients and responding to consults from staff psychiatrists for existing inpatients. Duties will also include following up on tests ordered, assessing progress on interventions, and monitoring medical co-morbidities. Hospitalists will communicate with the Psychiatry team (staff physicians, residents, and medical students) and multidisciplinary staff in a timely and collegial manner. This will include consult and progress notes on the chart. Attendance on the wards is expected two mornings/week (Mondays and Fridays) and start no earlier than 7 am and will likely require 4 hours per morning.
There is no on-call requirement for this position. Hospitalists will be notified of new consults and admissions by the unit clerks or charge nurses by telephone from 8 am to 5 pm.
The Royal Alexandra Hospital will transition to Connect Care (computerized patient records) in May 2022. Training will be provided if such training has not already been completed.
The successful applicants shall be certified in Family Medicine with the College of Family Physicians of Canada and be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. Experience in hospital inpatient care would be an asset.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Hospital Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is on a fee-for-service basis and is competitive with other North American jurisdictions.To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest as well as the names of 3 references online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting.Applications meeting the requirements outlined in this notice will be forwarded to the Search and Select Committee and will begin being reviewed immediately. The competition will remain open until the position is filled.Details about the University of Alberta, the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry and the Department of Family Medicine, can be found on the Facultys Home Page at [***] . Details about Alberta Health Services and the City of Edmonton can be found at [***] and [***] thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.COVID-19 Immunization: Proof of full immunization against COVID-19. Full immunization status is achieved when 14 days have passed after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or the first dose of a single-dose vaccine. See our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: May 25, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.