Deputy Zone Clinical Department Head Part-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 20 views
The Deputy Head of Department (Clinical) will provide the Department Head with appropriate support to execute the clinical mandate of the Department of Medicine. The key purpose of this position is to optimize the clinical productivity within the Department.
The Deputy Head (Clinical) will be a 0.15 FTE position (345 hours per year), and will support the Department Head by taking day-to-day accountability and responsibility for regular specified and ad hoc roles and activities related to the roles and responsibilities of the position as described below.
The Deputy Head (Clinical) will also assist the Department Head in the overall leadership and management of the Department of Medicine, together with the Deputy Head (Academic) and Department Manager.
The main roles and responsibilities for the Deputy Head (Clinical) will include the following:
- Attend the DOM Medical Services Executive Committee (MSEC) meetings and co-Chair these meetings at the discretion of the Department Head.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies aimed at improving clinical services provided by department members, considering all dimensions of the Alberta Quality Matrix for Health and considering the AHS quadruple aim.
- Develop dynamic and effective relationships with key stakeholders related to clinical care including, for example, the relevant AHS operational leaders, the Strategic Clinical Networks, the Primary Care Networks, the Government of Alberta and other external stakeholders.
- Support the Department Head in addressing physician complaints and AHS triggered assessments.
- Support the development of stronger linkages between the FFS members and the department leadership.
- Sit on the departmental awards committees.
- Co-Chair with the Deputy Head (Academic) the Annual DOM Orientation Session for new department members.
- Represent the Department Head at AHS-related meetings and committees at the discretion of the Department Head, and serve as Acting ZADH in the Department Heads absence.
Were passionate about what we do. Our team of skilled and dedicated health care professionals, support staff, and physicians promote wellness and provide health care every day, all across the Calgary Zone. We are an equal opportunity employer. AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Medical Staff
Alberta Health Services has approved a mandatory Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 vaccine policy, effective immediately. In accordance with the Policy, all contractors and AHS employees, including medical and midwifery staff are required to befully immunizedagainst COVID-19 prior to their first day of practice.
The Deputy Head of Department (Clinical) will be a Fee for Service (FFS) physician or a Major Clinical physician within the DOM AMHSP, and have a clinical appointment within the Cumming School of Medicine with a primary appointment to the Department of Medicine.
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.15
- Department: Internal Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: AHS operationalized.The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see [***]
- Posting Date: May 17, 2022
- Closing Date: May 26, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.