Child Psychiatrist Pediatric Consultation Liaison Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 1 view
Goals for CL Psychiatry
Start date is flexible (June - September 2022)
- FRCPC with accredited training in Child Psychiatry will be preferred. Equivalent qualification is acceptable. The applicant must have adequate training in Child Psychiatry for a minimum period of 12 months in addition to the core Psychiatry training.
- Expert knowledge of commonly presenting psychiatric disorders and somatization disorders (for CL and Somatic Clinic).
- Ability to manage a broad range of psychiatric medications
- Expert knowledge and skills in the application of CBT, DBT, and/or other relevant psychotherapies for mood, anxiety and/or psychotic disorders in both 1:1 and group therapy settings
- Experience working with families
- Experience working with multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary settings
- Willingness to engage in initiatives for betterment of mental health services for children and their families
- Willingness to work closely with dyad partners, management partners to address system issues
- Knowledge and management of concurrent disorders in a clinical setting
- A clear understanding of recovery orientated practice
- Interest and experience in medical education with a focus on resident training
- Ability to provide patient care virtually, in person, and/or in a blended format
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
The candidate must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Psychiatry
- Specialty: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Gross earnings from fee for service would be anticipated at approximately $360,000.00 per annum.Specialist On Call: On call approximately once per month.The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.
- Community Info: Gross earnings from fee for service would be anticipated at approximately $360,000.00 per annum.Specialist On Call: On call approximately once per month.The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see [***]
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: May 19, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.