Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist 18-MCH-PSY-CHILD-20 Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 1 view
Covenant Health, in partnership with Alberta Health Services and the University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, invites applications for the position of Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist at the Misericordia Community Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta.
in collaboration with their colleagues, the successful candidate will be part of comprehensive hospital based care at the Misericordia Community Hospital site and will be part of a multi-disciplinary pediatric behavioral services clinic which includes psychologists, child mental health therapists, pediatric neurodevelopmental specialists and community pediatricians. This position participates in the programs on-call schedule.
The successful candidate will have an MD and must be eligible for licensure in the province of Alberta. Candidates must also be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry, preferably have subspecialty certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and experience and interest in working with youth in a multidisciplinary and collaborative setting. The successful candidate will be expected to apply for a Clinical Faculty Appointment in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, which will be considered under a separate process through the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Addiction & Mental health
- Specialty: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is based on a fee-for service basis and is highly competitive with other North American jurisdictions.
- Community Info: Covenant is Canadas largest Catholic provider of health care, with 26 Catholic facilities in 15 communities across Alberta. As a major provider in Albertas integrated health system, the Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) works with Alberta Health Services and community partners to positively influence the health of Albertans through a broad range of programs and services in our hospitals, health centres and continuing care centres.
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 29, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.