Arnika Centre Psychiatrist Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 2 views
Arnika Center is a level 5 subspecialty clinic within Alberta Health Services. Our mandate is to provide psychiatric support to individuals age 16 and up who have a mental health disorder in addition to a developmental disorder that impairs cognitive and adaptive function.
1. Assessment and diagnosis of mental health disorders in individuals with dual diagnosis
2. Provision of appropriate and evidence based therapy modalities
3. Participation in weekly rounds with multidisciplinary team
4. Work with colleagues in allied health professions to optimize patient care
5. Assist in new program development within DDMH (outreach, community and hospital based)
6. Participate in supervision and teaching of residents and students
Were passionate about what we do. Our team of skilled and dedicated health care professionals, support staff, and physicians promote wellness and provide health care every day, all across the Calgary Zone. We are an equal opportunity employer. AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Medical Staff
Alberta Health Services has approved a mandatory Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 vaccine policy, effective immediately. In accordance with the Policy, all contractors and AHS employees, including medical and midwifery staff are required to befully immunizedagainst COVID-19 prior to their first day of practice.
Individuals applying for this position require
1. FRCP level physician with subspecialty training in Child and adolescent psychiatry (preferred). Many of our referrals are for complex transitional youth and an interest in this population is helpful
2. Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team. We support complex patients with occupational therapists, behaviour consultants, nurses, psychologist and mental health clinicians.
3. Formal training or experience in the field is appreciated but not a requirement for a motivated clinician
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.6
- Department: Psychiatry
- Specialty: Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see [***]
- Posting Date: May 16, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 16, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.