Adult Psychiatrist - CCMHBI Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Ponoka 1 view
Alberta Health Services Central Zone is looking for a General Adult Psychiatrist with a license or eligibility for license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta as a Psychiatrist. The successful candidate will be required to provide service provision to the Acute Care units at the Centennial Centre with the assistance of other medical practitioners. The Adult Psychiatry program serves individual between the ages of 18 and 64 years. The program offers specialized inpatient assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, and support through episodes of illness and recovery. The goal of treatment is to facilitate reintegration into the community, ensuring the patient is supported after discharge with appropriate community linkages such as Community Addiction and Mental Health services, community; family supports, and medical follow-up. The acute service has 75 beds. On-call duties are part of the expectations for service. Part time - Outpatient services will be available through Telehealth and Rural Clinics.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or a valid Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
Required Additional Desired Competencies
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of patients.
- Experience within the past 24 months being responsible for after hours inpatient care.
- Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada Certification (RCPSC)
A successful candidate must be in compliance with Alberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policy prior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Mental Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.